Adelaide Hills Dressage Club
Strathalbyn, South Australia
You will need Adobe Reader to view and print these forms. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download the latest version for free.
FEBRUARY 2024 COMPETITION: PLEASE READ INFO BELOW
ALL RIDERS PLEASE NOTE:
YOU MAY NEED TO JUMP BEFORE YOU DO YOUR DRESSAGE TEST due to having so many entries. Course walking times will be advised on the PA. SHOWJUMPING ROUNDS START AT 9 am WITH THE 45 cm classes (expected to take about 1 hour).
Riders in the 60 cm class need to be on the grounds by 10 am to allow enough time to walk the course as this is the largest class on the day. Showjumping times are only a guide only as actual start times (after the 45 cm starting time) will vary due to the large number of competitors.
DRESSAGE TEST TIMES WILL BE ADHERED TO so please ensure you ride your dressage test at the allocated time. If you miss your time, you won't be able to ride your test ...
Scratchings/Draw Questions: text Cathy (Draw Secretary) on 0400 289 481.
Email certificates (medical or vet) to the Treasurer: email@example.com. Please do not attend the competition if you are feeling unwell.
Please read "Why We Won't Change The Draw" link on the draw page: http://www.ahdc.net.au/draw.html
HOT WEATHER POLICY - note that the temperature has been downgraded from 1.1.23. Adelaide Hills Dressage Club will automatically CANCEL events if:
- The forecast for the Strathalbyn area on the BOM app on the Friday before an event is for a temperature of 35⁰ C or above, OR
- The CFS advises there will be Catastrophic fire conditions in the Mt Lofty Ranges for the day of an event, OR
- At the discretion of the AHDC Committee if there is a sudden increase in temperature on Saturday night's forecast after a suitable Friday night forecast.
Refer to Section 5 (page 54) of the 2024 Equestrian Australia Dressage Rules for permitted dress and equipment (including permitted saddles, bridles etc). Copy and paste this link to your browser: CLEAN_NATIONAL_DRESSAGE_RULES_1_JANUARY_2024.pdf (equestrian.org.au)
- On arrival Check in at the Desk so we know you intend to ride.
- Notify Draw Secretary if scratching – text 0400 289 481.
- Horses must have their bridle number displayed on both sides of a halter, saddle blanket or bridle at all times - except when in a stable.
- The EA Concussion Rule applies if a Rider has a fall.
- From 1 July 2022 helmets must be tagged to show they are a current approved safety standard. No tag on an unapproved helmet = ELIMINATION. Approved helmets are listed in the 2024 Dressage Rules (Section 5.2).
- Lunging is not permitted near or within arenas. Please lunge in or adjacent to the Pony Club sand arena, or near the front roadway.
- Do not congregate near arena entrances in the way of other Competitors about to start their test when you have finished yours.
- You may have your tests called at competitions, except at the Spring Festival.
- Your results will be available on Nominate's Scoreboard as soon as they are calculated. Overall class results will be uploaded to our website later in the evening.
- Neat casual dress for all classes, plaiting and jackets are optional.
If you wish to have your test emailed, please email the Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tests are no longer automatically emailed.